नमस्ते सिद्धसेनानि आर्ये मन्दरवासिनि ।
कुमारि कालि कापालि कपिले कृष्णपिङ्गले ॥ 6-23-4
- I bow to you, O leader of Yogins, O thou that art identical with Brahman, O thou that dwellest in the forest of Mandara, O thou that art freed from decrepitude and decay, O Kali, O wife of Kapala, O thou that art of a black and tawny hue, I bow to you.
भद्रकालि नमस्तुभ्यं महाकालि नमोऽस्तु ते ।
चण्डि चण्डे नमस्तुभ्यं तारिणि वरवर्णिनि ॥ 6-23-5
- O bringer of benefits to thy devotees, I bow to you, O Bhadra-Kali (Mahakali), O wife of the universal destroyer, I bow to you. O Mother Chaunda, O thou that rescuest from dangers, O thou that art endued with every auspicious attribute.
कात्यायनि महाभागे करालि विजये जये।
शिखिपिच्छध्वजधरे नानाभरणभूषिते॥ 6-23-6
अट्टशूलप्रहरणे स्वङ्गखेटकधारिणि ।
गोपेन्द्रस्यानुजे ज्येष्ठे नन्दगोपकुलोद्भवे ॥ 6-23-7
महिषासृक्प्रिये नित्यं कौशिकि पीतवासिनि ।
अट्टहासे कोकमुखे नमस्तेऽस्तु रणप्रिये ॥ 6-23-8
उभे शाकम्भरि श्वेते कृष्णे कैटभनाशिनि ।
हिरण्याश्चि विरूपाक्षि सुधूम्राक्षि नमोऽस्तु ते ॥ 6-23-9
वेदश्रुति महापुण्ये ब्रह्मण्ये जातवेदसि ।
जम्बूकटकचैत्येषु नित्यं सन्निहितालये ॥ 6-23-10
- O thou that art sprung from the Katya race, O thou that deserves the most regardful worship, O fierce one, O giver of victory, O victory’s self, O thou that bearest a banner of peacock plumes, O thou that art decked with every ornament, O thou that bearest an awful spear, O thou that holdest a sword and shield, O thou that art the younger sister of the chief of cow-herds, O eldest one, O thou that wert born in the race of the cowherd Nanda! O thou that art always fond of buffalo’s blood, O thou that wert born in the race of Kusika, O thou that art dressed in yellow robes, O thou that hadst devoured Asuras assuming the face of a wolf, I bow to you that art fond of battle! O Uma, Sakambhari, O thou that art white in hue, O thou that art black in hue, O thou that hast slain the Asura Kaitabha, O thou that art yellow-eyed, O thou that art diverse-eyed, O thou of eyes that have the colour of smoke, I bow to you. O thou that art the Vedas, the Srutis, and the highest virtue, O thou that art propitious to Brahmanas engaged in sacrifice, O thou that hast a knowledge of the past, thou that art ever present in the sacred abodes erected to you in cities of Jamvudwipa, I bow to you.
त्वं ब्रह्मविद्या विद्यानां महानिद्रा च देहिनाम्।
स्कन्दमातर्भगवति दुर्गे कान्तारवासिनि ॥ 6-23-11
स्वाहाकारः स्वधा चैव कला काष्ठा सरस्वती।
सावित्री वेदमाता च तथा वेदान्त उच्यते ॥ 6-23-12
- Thou art the science of Brahma among sciences, and thou that art that sleep of creatures from which there is no waking. O mother of Skanda, O Bhagvati, O thou that possessest the six (highest) attributes, O Durga, O thou that dwellest in accessible regions, thou art described as Swaha, and Swadha, as Kala, as Kashta, and as Saraswati, as Savitra the mother of the Vedas, and as the science of Vedanta.
स्तुतासि त्वं महादेवि विशुद्धेनान्तरात्मना ।
जयो भवतु मे नित्यं त्वत्प्रसादाद्रणाजिरे ॥ 6-23-13
कान्तारभयदुर्गेषु भक्तानां चालयेषु च ।
नित्यं वससि पाताले युद्धे जयसि दानवान् ॥ 6-23-14
- With inner soul cleansed, I praise you. O great goddess, let victory always attend me through thy grace on the field of battle. In inaccessible regions, where there is fear, in places of difficulty, in the abodes of thy worshippers and in the nether regions (Patala), thou always dwellest.
त्वं जम्भनी मोहिनी च माया ह्रीः श्रीस्तथैव च ।
संध्या प्रभावती चैव सावित्री जननी तथा ॥ 6-23-15
- Thou always defeatest the Danavas. Thou art the unconsciousness, the sleep, the illusion, the modesty, the beauty of (all creatures). Thou art the twilight, thou art the day, thou art Savitri, and thou art the mother.
तुष्टिः पुष्टिर्धृतिर्दीप्तिश्चन्द्रादित्यविवर्धिनी ।
भूतिर्भूतिमतां सङ्ख्ये वीक्ष्यसे सिद्धचारणैः ॥ 6-23-16
- Thou art contentment, thou art growth, thou art light. It is thou that supportest the Sun and the Moon and that makes them shine. Thou art the prosperity of those that are prosperous. The Siddhas and the Charanas behold you in contemplation.
Ref – Mahabharata – Bhishma Parva
Jai Ma Bhavani