यत्र योगेश्वरः कृष्णो यत्र पार्थो धनुर्धरः |
तत्र श्रीर्विजयो भूतिर्ध्रुवा नीतिर्मतिर्मम ||
Wherever, there is Krishna, the lord of yoga, and Partha (Arjuna), the wielder of the bow, exist prosperity, victory, increase in wealth and sound policy. That is my conviction.
My Mahabharata journey is not so long. Hence, I don’t have so many words to say much about The Mahabharata.
We all know about the Mahabharata and it’s greatness. It is the store_house of the knowledge. The Greatest story of Dharma, Artha, Kama(desire) and Moksha.
Supreme Dharma Text..
प्रदोषे दीपकश्चंद्र: प्रभाते दीपको रवि: |
त्रैलोक्ये दीपको धर्म: सुपुत्र: कुलदीपक: ||
Moon is a lamp in the evening. Sun is a lamp in the morning. ‘dharma’ is a lamp in all the 3 ‘lokas’ like a good son is a lamp of the whole family.
Whenever you’ll start reading again and again, you’ll find something new which you have missed previously (it could be a new interpretation).
My journey for the Mahabharata is about 7 years, when I had stared reading Mahabharata, before that I was first introduced with a book Named “Parth Sharthi” which is kind of retold by Sudarshan Ji Chakra. The Book is wonderful and covering every incidents of the Mahabharata along with some folk-tales. It is available in Hindi. Now it’s good for us that book is available On-line (Internet World) as well.
In seven years of my research, I went through so many books of the Mahabharata. So, now I’m going to make a list for all the version and translators works for the Mahabharata from on-line resources, which would help you and me to get all the texts from one resource.
You may refer it for further research.
- My First Book was “Partha Sharthi” in Hindi by Sudarshan Singh ‘Chakra’:
Click Here for Download: Partha Sharthi
- You May also read other two Parts: – Nand-Nandan & Sri Dwarkadhish
- First Mahabharata Book in Hindi
a. Sankshipta Mahabharat Part 1 Gita Press Gorakhpur
b. Sankshipta Mahabharat Part 2 Gita Press Gorakhpur
- Pundit Ramaynarayan Shashtri Ji – Gita Press – Sanskrit with Hindi – Six Volumes
- Pundit S.D. Satwalekar Ji translation – BORI CE Hindi Translations
- English translations by Kisari Mohan Ganguli Ji:
- BORI CE Mahabharata – English translations by Bibek Debroy Sir: The Mahabharata
- BORI CE Mahabharata – Vishnu Sitaram Sukthankar:
- M.N Dutt Translation in English;
- Mahabharata with Sanskrit Text (roman) and English Translation:
- Southern Mahabharata – Critical Edition by P.P.S Shahstri Ji :
- Southern Mahabharata:
- Nilkantha Viranchit Sanskrit Text :
P/s: All the retold’s, Novels, other poetry, Self-Cooked books are ignored (Except one). Feel free to add more translations and texts.
A Short History and Story of the Parvas